South Congress Casita
This newly constructed home is as unique and artistic as the city of Austin itself. The two-level home mixes a free-spirited aesthetic with high-end updates and organic elements to create a one-of-a-kind stay. Statement wallpaper, modern light fixtures, and vibrant pops of color are features you will notice and enjoy throughout the home. South Congress Casita is in walking distance to all the fun restaurants, shopping and festivals South Congress is famous for. It is minutes away from venues for SXSW and ACL, University of Texas, the Formula One Racetrack and central to all Austin area events!
The ground level holds the shared living spaces. Central to this floor, the fully equipped kitchen includes stainless steel appliances, contemporary backsplash, and large island with barstool seating for 2. Gather here for drinks, meals at home, our casual hang outs while the cook of the group makes use of this stunning kitchen.
Adjacent to the kitchen is the bright living room with sectional couch, accent chair, and smart tv. The colorful and pattern-filled design makes this a joyful space to spend time together. Floor to ceiling glass doors and windows provide ample natural light as well as access to the home’s front patio and adjacent grill.
This home comfortably sleeps 4 guests in 2 private bedrooms. The 2 bedrooms share an ensuite Jack and Jill bathroom with beautiful tilework, dual sinks, and shower/garden tub combo.
Bedroom #1 is furnished with a queen size bed, colorful linens and pillows, and bohemian decor.
Bedroom #2 has a queen size bed and uniquely patterned textiles mixed with modern furnishings.
THINGS TO NOTE:
The home has an additional half-bathroom on the first floor.
Parking is available on the street.
Washer and dryer in unit.
This is a DADU and there are long term tenants in the front house.
South Congress Casita is located just South of Downtown Austin near Oltorf. The home’s central location puts you within easy reach of Austin’s popular attractions like the?Texas State Capitol, Congress Bridge Bats and the?Greetings?From?Austin Mural. On the nearby food scene, there is?Bouldin Creek Cafe for vegetarians, Matt’s Famous El Rancho for classic Tex-Mex, Loro (created by the famous founders of Uchi and Franklin’s BBQ) for fusion cuisine and the?South Austin Food Truck Park with its variety of cuisines.Zilker?Park,?which houses the famous?Barton Springs Pool, offers?access to paddle board and kayak rentals,?and central Lady Bird Lake and nature trails boast a two-mile loop perfect for exercise or a relaxing stroll. Be sure to visit the live music bars and clubs on 6th street, a part of Downtown Austin that earned the city the nickname of “Live Music Capital of the World.”
Whatever brings you to the unique?city of Austin, South Congress Casita?puts you in the perfect position to explore what “Keeps Austin Weird”.
This home will be stocked with a starter set of consumables such as soaps and paper products. Guests are advised to either bring or purchase additional after arrival.
Where you'll sleep
- Air Conditioning
- Body Soap
- Cable TV
- Call to Book
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Ceiling Fan
- Close to ATM/Bank
- Close to Biking Trails
- Close to Downtown
- Close to Equipment Rentals
- Close to Golf
- Close to Groceries
- Close to Gym
- Close to Lake
- Close to Medical Services
- Close to Movie Theater
- Close to Museums
- Close to Park
- Close to Restaurants
- Close to Shopping
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Silverware
- Full Kitchen
- Garden View
- Guest House
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Water
- Ice Maker
- Iron Board
- Laptop Workspace
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Entrance
- Smoke Detector
- Street Parking
- Please read each of the rules carefully to avoid any danger and/or deductions from your security deposit upon check-out. You must be at least 21 years or older to book this property.
- NO EVENTS, GROUP GATHERINGS, OR PARTIES ARE ALLOWED AT ANY GRAND WELCOME AUSTIN/HILL COUNTRY PROPERTIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES UNLESS PRE-APPROVED.
- PERMITTED USE: This reservation is for use as a vacation rental only.
- NO EVENTS AND PARTIES: Unless registered with and pre-approved by Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country, no events, group gatherings, or parties are permitted. Upon discovering an event, group gathering, or party, Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country personnel or Security shall have the right to enter and remove all persons from the Property, including you and your registered guests. In this event, you will forfeit all monies, including security deposits. Only those guests listed on the attached list to this rental agreement may occupy the property during the reservation periods.
- NO FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY: Unless registered with and pre-approved by Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country, guests shall not use the property for any commercial purpose
- CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: Please note that requests for late checkout must be received no later than 10:00 AM local time on the day prior to your departure. Early check-in and late checkout are based on availability and require approval, and may be subject to an additional fee of up to $60.00 depending on the number of additional hours requested. Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in arranging.
- OCCUPANCY: Guests are responsible for ensuring that any visitors comply with these House Rules. Our rental rates are based upon a city ordinance. Children are counted in total occupancy unless they are under two years old. Any additional overnight guests must be approved and are subject to additional fees. Suppose you exceed the maximum occupancy number on this property. In that case, you will be charged a $500 penalty per person for every person over-occupancy, and Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country reserves the right to deny access or to require all guests to vacate the premises.
- QUIET HOURS: Please respect our neighbors and abide by our quiet hours, enforced from 9 pm – 8 am. Noise must be kept strictly under 60 dBA during the day. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances will be subject to an initial $500 fine followed by a possible eviction in egregious circumstances. Guests will not be given any refund for issues related to noise ordinance violations.
- PROPERTY INSPECTION: An inspection of the vacation rental property will take place 24 hours before your arrival. If there are any concerns with the property, please notify Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country immediately to ensure that such issues may be remedied promptly. Upon any violation of Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country rules or noise/neighbor complaints, we reserve the right to enter the Property to inspect at any time during your stay.
- NO REPLACEMENT PROPERTY GUARANTEE: While every reasonable attempt will be made to accommodate you if the vacation rental property selected by you does not meet your approval, Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country cannot guarantee that another vacation property will be made available to move you once you have reserved a specific vacation rental property.
- NO HOLDOVER POLICY: You are not permitted to stay beyond your reservation dates without Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country approval. Suppose you remain on the vacation rental property beyond the time and date of check-out. In that case, you agree and consent to be removed and locked out of the vacation rental property by Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country, its representatives, and law enforcement. You further consent to permit Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country to remove your personal belongings to a location of the Manager's choice, where you may retrieve them.
- HOST CANCELLATION POLICY. If for any reason the accommodation you booked is unavailable, including, but not limited to, issues related to safety, utilities, maintenance, guest overstays, weather or inaccessibility, accidental double booking on multiple platforms, or other reasons, Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country may substitute a comparable unit or allow Guest to cancel and receive a full refund, or, if no equal team is available, Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country may cancel the reservation and provide a full refund of all payments made by you.
- CHANGE IN GUEST CIRCUMSTANCE: If, after the booking is completed, and correspondence or discussions with the guest disclose a change in circumstances involving the reservation of this property, Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country has the right to refuse a reservation to the guest if the reservation is not conducive to the welfare of the property. Such circumstances include but are not limited to an event or party planned during the guest's occupancy of the property, violations of the occupancy limits, rules regarding pets, age limitations, or the purpose of the rental. Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country will return all monies deposited to the guest if the reservation is canceled under this section.
- PETS: Each Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country property is subject to a specific pet policy; please refer to the property description. Nevertheless, all pets must be reported to us and approved. Any unauthorized pets will be subject to an additional fee. Damage or extra cleaning charges attributable to pets shall be charged to you, together with a fine of $100 per day with a minimum of $500. All pets and animals must be fully vaccinated, non -aggressive, free of fleas and ticks, and fully house trained. Please do not allow your pets on furniture.
- CLEANING: All trash must be taken out and placed in trash bins, and all dishes must be placed in the dishwasher upon check out. Please treat this home like you would your own and deliver it in the same condition as you found it. Any trash over the allotted number of garbage cans will incur a charge of $150.
- UTILITIES: The cost of your booking includes utilities assuming a normal usage; excessive usage and pool heating (if applicable) will be charged separately and paid for by the Guest.
- APPLIANCES: Tenants may only use devices for their intended use.
- THERMOSTAT: To prevent damage, the A/C may not be lowered below 68 degrees Fahrenheit at any time during your stay.
- PARKING: Be mindful of local street parking restrictions. Before your stay, please review all parking details, including overnight parking rules and the maximum number of cars permitted. Be aware of local street parking restrictions. Violations may lead to fines
- OTHER VIOLATIONS: Possible violations include, but are not limited to, limiting sound amplification outdoors, over occupying parking areas, over occupying the rental property, and failing to follow your agreement with the Management Company POOLS, SPAS, HOT TUBS, DOCKS (if applicable): No diving, No tampering with pool thermostat, No intoxicated persons may use the pool or spa, No glass containers in or around the pool or spa, No alcoholic beverages.
- Children may never be left unattended with access to the pool or spa.
- No lifeguard on duty - you and your guests shall swim at your own risk.
- Pools and spas are chemically serviced and cleaned regularly before your arrival. Please advise the office if your pool/hot tub is not clean, and we will make every effort to contact a pool cleaner, but please understand that WE CANNOT GUARANTEE that the pool person will be able to return to the property.
- MAIL: Guests may not have packages or mail correspondence sent to the property. We do not always have full access to the mailbox and would not want you to lose your mail.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY: You are responsible for keeping your valuables safe at all times. By checking into the property, you waive, discharge, and agree to hold harmless Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country and the actual property owner from all damages or injuries arising from or related to your stay at the managed property, including but not limited to any accidents or injury to yourself, your guests and associates, and loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind.
- SMOKING: All properties are non-smoking. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the entire security deposit and damage liability of up to $2,500 for any discovered damage to furniture or any odors.
- SAFETY: No unlawful use of the property, No weapons, violent behavior, fireworks, flammable substances, hazardous materials, or illegal substances permitted in or around the property. Guests violating any of the safety rules shall be liable for any corresponding property damage and subject to a $500 fine and immediate eviction from the Property without refund.
- SURVEILLANCE: Each property may be monitored by noise monitoring devices, periodic patrols, security, and 24-hour video electronic surveillance on the house’s exterior for guest security and to ensure that the house rules are respected. There is no electronic video surveillance monitoring pools or spas or on the house’s interior. Please do not tamper with any of our surveillance and safety equipment. Would you please report anything that needs replacing or fixing?
- MAINTENANCE/REPAIRS: We cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, appliances, TVs/VCRs/DVD Players, stereo equipment, or pools/spas.
- Please report any inoperative equipment to our office promptly. Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country will make every reasonable effort to quickly and efficiently repair. A maintenance service professional will be dispatched if you demonstrate that the problem persists after being given phone instructions by a Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country property associate. NO REFUNDS OR RENT REDUCTIONS WILL BE MADE DUE TO MECHANICAL FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OF UTILITIES, MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS, OR CONSTRUCTION IN THE AREA. WHILE GRAND WELCOME AUSTIN/HILL COUNTRY WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO REPAIR ANY MAINTENANCE ISSUE PROMPTLY, IT CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE ISSUE WILL BE FIXED DURING A GUEST STAY, AS THE COMPANY MAY HAVE TO GO THROUGH HOME WARRANTIES. Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country will always look for alternative solutions to ensure and prioritize guest comfort.
- Other Violations include, but are not limited to, limiting sound amplification outdoors, over occupying parking areas, over occupying the rental property and failing to follow these rules with Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country.
- CREDIT CARD REQUIRED: If applicable to your reservation, a major credit card (Visa or MasterCard) may be required to hold a reservation and may be charged to pay for incidental charges and other fees incurred during your stay. The name on the credit card must be the name of the primary guest on the reservation, and a picture ID will be required along with the signed rental agreement. Suppose any costs or damages, including but not limited to extra cleaning fees, unauthorized pool heat, or unauthorized pets, are discovered during or within a reasonable amount of time after your stay. In that case, your credit card on file will be charged for said amounts. All charges will be subsequently followed with an email, which will break down the fees, and (Website hidden by Airbnb) charges will be processed without prior written notice.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT/ADDITIONAL COSTS: If applicable to your reservation, the security deposit will be used at the sole discretion of Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country to pay for the restoration of the property to its original move-in conditions (outside of other normal wear and tear). All stays of 30+ days require a security deposit. Additional costs include but are not limited to: cleaning beyond normal wear and tear, removing excessive garbage, repairing or replacing any part of the premises, its contents, common areas, and recreational facilities for damage caused after your move-in. If a said deposit is insufficient, you agree to allow Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country to charge your credit card on file to pay the additional costs, or we may send you an invoice payable in full upon receipt. If all terms and conditions of the agreement are fulfilled, the deposit will be returned in full within 21 business days after guest departure.
- LOST & FOUND: Please note that all shipping is at the traveler's expense. There is a minimum $25 shipping cost. We are not liable for any lost items. Our team will do our best to locate your lost items after check-out. Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country reserves the right to ask the tenant to vacate the premises with no refund should any of these rules be violated and unresolved. No refund of monies will be issued due to the house rules, noise ordinances, or occupancy limits. Guests agree to follow any House Rules provided to them by Grand Welcome Austin/Hill Country and any directions of the Homeowners Association where the property is located and any City or county ordinances in the area where the property is located. Any legal matters arising out of this agreement shall be adjudicated in the city you are renting.
- ALL GUESTS at this moment acknowledge and agree to follow all house rules, neighborhood rules, and city laws and ordinances.
Book with Confidence
Our policy is simple and transparent. Read our cancellation policy >
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
Your safety is our priority. Our professional housekeepers are going above and beyond to provide your family with a clean stay.
Our customer care department is available round-the-clock to assist you with any queries or concerns you may have. Additionally, our local office is open during normal business hours to serve you. In case of emergencies outside of business hours, please contact our after-hours support team.
Thank you for submitting your review. It will be processed shortly!
Charming houseby Trevor
This house was a great find. Very charming and in a great location being nearby South Congress.
Lovely casitaby Kara
Bright and sunny with charming details. Within walking distance of great restaurant and retail businesses. Seamless check in and felt like we had our own private oasis to spend time in.
So clean and the location was perfect. The cute patio was a big bonus.
Great locationby Chris M.
Perfect placeby David L.
Great Place to Stayby Pattie L.
Exceeded expectationsby Travis L.