Shady Lady Cabin
Big Bear Lake, CA
This classic mountain cabin, nestled in a quaint residential community of Big Bear, is the perfect destination for families and groups of friends looking for adventure in the great outdoors. With its 3 bedrooms, outdoor decks, and several indoor recreation areas, it offers plenty of space for everyone in your group to find a private and cozy corner. Shady Lady Cabin is situated within minutes of the lakefront, ski slopes, and Big Bear Village with its local shops and restaurants. Enjoy the best of both worlds, exploring all that Big Bear offers AND relaxing at home. One of the home’s best features is its game room, which is sure to provide hours of fun! It includes a foosball table, card table, classic arcade game, built-in bar, dartboard, and an array of board games. There are endless memories to be made and it’s sure to be an unforgettable getaway!
Framed by gorgeous vaulted ceilings and windows, the living room is the perfect spot to unwind and share quality time. Guests will love the large plush couches, wood burning fireplace, and smart tv, perfect for laid-back movie nights. The fully equipped kitchen is just around the corner with sleek appliances, cookware, and barstool seating for quick snacks and morning coffee. Enjoy formal meals around the dining table set for 6, then head to the home’s upper balcony to watch the sky change colors at sunset.
This home sleeps 8 guests between 3 private bedrooms.
Bedroom #1 is the primary suite with a king size bed, smart tv, and ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower.
Bedroom #2 has a queen size bed, twin size bed with twin size trundle, and smart tv.
Bedroom #3 has 2 twin size beds, a set of bunk beds with a twin size bed on top and a full size bed on bottom, smart tv, and balcony access.
THINGS TO NOTE:
The home has an additional bathroom with shower/tub combo.
2 parking spaces are available in the driveway.
Washer and dryer in unit.
For a quiet retreat away from urban hustle and bustle, it doesn't get any better than Big Bear Lake. Immersed in nature, this little village provides all the best of lake life in the mountains of the San Bernardino National Forest. The recreational activities in this area, such as hiking, biking, skiing, and fishing, maintain Mother Nature as the premier attraction, although shopping, dining, and live entertainment can be enjoyed in The Village.
This location is also ideal for its close proximity to nearby Big Bear Mountain Resort with thrilling ski runs in the winter and serviced mountain biking, the Scenic Sky Chair, and 9 holes of golf to enjoy during the offseason. The resort is just 10 minutes away with 26 lifts, 55 runs, and options for every experience level. Non-skiers can get their thrill with high-speed tubing down the slopes. Big Bear’s 3 snowtubing locations (Alpine Slide, Big Bear Snow Play, and Grizzly Ridge Tube Park) are equipped with moving walkways which carry you to the top of the tubing runs. These fun-filled locations feature year-round options as well with summer tubing, mountain coaster ride, ropes course, waterslides, and more.
The City of Big Bear Lake requires in-person check-in with a valid ID and agreement of the Good Neighbor Policy from the person who made the reservation. This is not optional, and you can incur a minimum $500 fine from the City of Big Bear Lake if you ignore this step. Thank you for keeping us compliant.
This home will be stocked with a starter set of consumables such as soaps and paper products. Guests are advised to either bring or purchase additional after arrival.
If you are bringing a pet - the pet fee is not included in this total price. An additional pet fee will be applied after booking is complete. A maximum of 2 pets can be brought to the unit. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. To avoid fines please make sure your pet is on a leash and you pick up after your pet.
Where you'll sleep
1 Bunk Bed
- Board Games
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Ceiling Fan
- Close to ATM/Bank
- Close to Biking Trails
- Close to Equipment Rentals
- Close to Golf
- Close to Groceries
- Close to Hiking Trails
- Close to Lake
- Close to Mail Services
- Close to Marina
- Close to Medical Services
- Close to Movie Theater
- Close to Museums
- Close to Park
- Close to Rec Center
- Close to Restaurants
- Close to Shopping
- Close to Shuttle
- Close to Ski Lifts
- Close to Town
- Close to Zoo
- Coffee Maker
- DVD Player
- Dining Spices
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Silverware
- Driveway Parking
- Full Kitchen
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Horseback Riding
- Ice Maker
- Iron Board
- Laptop Workspace
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain View
- Pet Friendly
- Private Entrance
- Rock Climbing
- Security Camera
- Smoke Detector
- Spa and Wellness
- Water Sports
- ARRIVAL TIME: 4:00 PM and DEPARTURE TIME: 10:00 AM
- Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Good Neighbor Policy and the property management’s rules before finalizing your reservation.
- The City of Big Bear Lake and Property Management can evict unruly guests who blatantly disregard the following rules without a refund. The minimum fine for violating the stated rules is $500 per violation and $1000 for the second and each additional violation. All guests at the time of booking
- acknowledge and agree to follow all house rules, neighborhood rules, and city laws and ordinances.
- OCCUPANCY: Do not exceed maximum occupancy at any time during your stay. Children are counted in total occupancy. You must be 21 years old or older to book this property.
- PARKING: Street parking is not allowed, please park in the driveway or (garage). Your vehicle may be towed at your own expense. You may need 4WD, AWD, or chains to access the property during the winter months.
- NO EVENTS OR PARTIES ALLOWED
- NO SMOKING, NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
- NO UNAUTHORIZED PET: (If this home is dog friendly): This home can accommodate up to 2 licensed dogs. Please notify us ahead of time if you plan to bring your furry friend. We charge $35 per night per dog. They must be leashed outdoors and stay out of the neighbor’s yards. We supply bags for you to pick up your dog’s waste. Dogs may never be left unattended in the home. Pets are not allowed on the furniture. You are responsible for all pet-related damage. (If not dog friendly): Unauthorized pets will result in a fine and/or immediate eviction.
- NOISE CURFEW: This home is in a quiet, residential neighborhood. Please respect the neighbors' privacy. The noise curfew is strictly enforced between 10 pm to 7 am, this includes spa usage. Amplified music is not permitted to be heard beyond the property line 24/7.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend that you purchase travel insurance, as we do not refund for COVID, inclement weather, road closures, etc.
- WINTER INFO: During the winter months, Caltrans requires all vehicles to carry chains, including 4WD and AWD vehicles. You may need 4WD, AWD, or chains to access the property. Our weather changes often so be prepared. Power outages can occur and are a risk when visiting Big Bear. The driveway will be clear of snow for your arrival. There will be shovels to use for your departure.
- Firewood is not provided.
- AIR CONDITIONING: Most mountain homes do not have air conditioning.
- HIGH FIRE RISK: San Bernardino Mountains is a high-risk area. Fireworks, wood fire pits, improper disposal of cigarette butts, charcoal BBQs are strictly prohibited. You will be fined and/or prosecuted.
- WILDLIFE/MOUNTAIN LIFE: Bears, deer, donkeys, racoons, squirrels, mice, and other wildlife frequent this area so make sure to lock up the property and your vehicle. Spider, cobwebs, mice are common in the mountains. We utilize pest control service to control it as much as possible. Please keep doors closed to keep them from coming inside.
- DAMAGE WAIVER: Your booking includes an Accidental Damage Waiver which covers you for anything seen as accidental. You will be charged for anything seen as neglectful or intentional. It’s best to report all damage to us when it occurs and be respectful of our home.
- SECURITY/CAMERAS: Most homes have a security system, exterior cameras and/or noise decibel monitoring systems to ensure your safety. There are no interior cameras.
- GUEST SATISFACTION: Grand Welcome inspects the property prior to your arrival. If you have any issues, please contact us so we can handle them when you are here to ensure your stay exceeds your expectations. We will make every reasonable effort to efficiently make the repair. If we are alerted to issues after checking out, you may not be refunded so it’s important to report them right away.
- REVIEWS: We work hard to earn your 5-star review and appreciate your feedback.
- This cabin is privately owned. The homeowner and property manager are not responsible for:
- - Accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises.
- - Damages to, or theft of, personal property.
- - Items left behind (if found, shipping is at your expense, minimum of $25).
- - Wild or domestic animals in the area.
- - Acts of nature
- The City of Big Bear Lake requires in-person check-in with a valid ID and agreement of the Good Neighbor Policy from the person who made the reservation. This is not optional, and you can incur a minimum $500 fine from the City of Big Bear Lake if you ignore this step. Thank you for keeping us compliant.
Book with Confidence
Our policy is simple and transparent. Read our cancellation policy >
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
Your safety is our priority. Our professional housekeepers are going above and beyond to provide your family with a clean stay.
Local 24/7 Support
Our boots on the ground local team is here to cater to anything you need.
Thank you for submitting your review. It will be processed shortly!
We are sorry, there are no reviews for this unit. Be the first to leave a review!