Book now, pay later with |Learn More
When one thinks of Austin, the first things that come to mind are probably incredible music, delicious BBQ, and remarkable history. However, this town is also home to stunning natural attractions, many of which are close to a vacation rental from Grand Welcome. It may come as a bit of a surprise, but Austin, Texas, is a great spot to stumble upon a waterfall. Whether found inside a nature preserve or at the end of a hiking trail, exploring these natural wonders is the perfect addition to any itinerary.
Visitors and locals frequent the waterfalls found in this Texas town, looking for a place to escape the heat. Whether you’re looking for a spot to enjoy a picnic lunch or somewhere to go for a swim, these attractions are perfect for any outing.
1. Located inside the Barton Creek Greenbelt, Sculpture Falls is the perfect secluded swimming hole to cool off at. This location is also dog-friendly, making it an excellent addition for those visiting Austin with their pup.
2. Another popular option inside the greenbelt is Twin Falls. There is a trail that connects Twin Falls and Sculpture Falls, so consider visiting both when inside the park. These falls are a popular destination, so you may have larger crowds to deal with.
3. McKinney Falls State Park is a go-to destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Not only can you explore both the Upper and Lower Falls areas, but there are also nearly nine miles of trails to hike or bike.
4. St. Edward’s Park, also called St. Edward’s Greenbelt, is one of the best-kept secrets in Austin. The 80-acre park features a well-maintained trail that takes visitors to a stunning waterfall.
5. While not in Austin, Hamilton Pool Preserve is an excellent option for those looking for a day trip. There are limestone outcroppings that turn the creek into a 50-foot waterfall. You will need to make a reservation for your visit, so be sure to do so early.
No matter where your Austin, Texas, adventures take you, from visiting a waterfall to spending a night out at local music venues, rest easy knowing you have a relaxing place to call home. Grand Welcome’s Austin location features incredible rental homes that perfectly blend luxury and comfort. Our knowledgeable team is here to help you find the vacation rental that checks all your boxes. Call 888-780-4809 to learn more.